Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Updates

Finally, R.O.M. is over. Is was quite a hectic day.. Things weren't all smooth and perfect, but God really watched over us..
Let me recall what happened few days before, during and after.... And here goes..

WED, 6th Aug:
We had our Pre-Marital Couselling session at NCC by Pastor Gabriel. And on that very same day, I realized we'll need a guest book. So, got the book fr Prints n some scrapbooking stuffs fr everywhere we can find n we finished it on the very same night.

THU, 7th Aug:
AM: I went for mani & pedi at Miss Vain Jane, and here starts the bad news.. My fren who's supposed 2 b my make-up artist called. She told me she won't b able 2 do my hair tmr. She'll only hv time 2 do my make-up. So, I'll hv 2 look for some hair salon 2 hv my hair done b4 she sees me at 1430 hrs for my make-up. Whr 2 find hair salon that can do nice hair? I've no idea...
PM: After finish my nails, at Far East Plaza, I went asking this salon, if I want my hair done b4 1400 hrs, I'll hv 2 b at the salon at 1230. Which means, I can't go pick my parents fr the airport, which they'll arr at 1150 hrs. I can't shower after 12pm. I won't hv time 2 eat aft 12 pm.
My ROM is starting at 1700 hrs!! I didn't bother much bout dis matter cos I still hv other things 2 do.
So, I went shopping for my earrings n bought more stuffs for decorating the guest book. After Dave's work, we went 2 shop for Guo Da Li's stuffs. Oranges, wine and pastries..
Discussed w Dave bout the make-up artist matter, and we decided 2 try our luck 2 see if the lady who did his sister, Sher Lin's, make up on her wedding, is available. To my surprise, she's able to do my make-up n hair at 4pm. So, I informed my fren dat she may carry on w her busy life and I won't need her help.
Packed all the stuffs we both need, all the documents and keep checking on my list if I missed out anything...
The whole night was, remember 2 bring dis.. Don miss dat out.. Hv u got dis? I need to bring dat..
Aft all the checking and packing, we ended up w 3 big bags full w another bag of documents which Sher Lin helped us to bring it the next day.
Thank God Sher Lin came at night n she asked me wat am I wearing for the next day. When I told her "denim", she's like shocked. I tot Dave told them... She n her mum was planning to wear sth grand n spectacular, which if dat really happens, it'll look very odd, like they'll b so overdressed. Lol...

FRI, 8th Aug:
Schedule should be as follow..
1100 hrs Leave for hotel, drop me and Dave's bro cos limited seats, then Dave n both his parents head to airport.
1230 hrs Check-in hotel.
1330 hrs Bro, his wife-to-be and sis arrive at hotel
1400 hrs Lunch together
1530 hrs Me to prepare and wait for MUA
1600 hrs Start make-up n all
1630 hrs Bouquet to arrive at hotel fr Far East Flora
Photographer to arrive
Justice of Peace to arrive
1645 hrs Everything 2 b ready n briefing on wat to do n say during the ceremony
1658 hrs Ready!
1659 hrs Get set!
1700 hrs Go!

But rather, we left house late, at 1120 hrs, no time 2 drop by the hotel, so I suggested 2 all go 2 airport then some take cab 2 hotel later. Happy! I can go pick my parents up! My dad sms me when we just abt 2 reach the car-park at the airport. I saw my mum, then my dad.. Aft intro, we had coffee at airport then head 2 hotel.
Checked-in at bout 1pm. Wait for my siblings 2 arrive then head for lunch.
It was abt 1415 hrs when we reach the restaurant for lunch. And when the order was served it's bout 1450 hrs. I was worried I won't hv enuf time 2 wash hair n blow dry, so aft 2 xiao long bao, I went back 2 the hotel. Reach hotel lobby at bout 1505 hrs n my hp rang. MUA coming in bout 15 mins. Madness! I dashed up 2 shower, wash my hair and get dressed. All done in just 10 mins. Then blow dry my hair while waiting 4 MUA 2 arrive.
Everything went well and all were done by 1645 hrs. Then there's the disaster. My hand bouquet wasn't here. Far East Flora promised the bouquet will be der by 1630 hrs. But.. none...
And then the usual guest arriving late...
We were briefed at bout 1655 hrs. Then I'm still waiting 4 my hand bouquet....
Called n called n called... Nobody answer at Far East Flora... Then I was so disappointed and angry that I told Dave 4get bout the bouquet.... Just start the ceremony... We'll jus do it without the bouquet..
All guests seated, doors closed. Dave n me standing outside, getting ready to walk in when the doors are opened... We can hear music playing fr inside the room.... Waiting.... Then person fr concierge came w my bouquet and says "just arrive". That's how God show us His wonderful grace... I took the bouquet, and the door opened. Phew!
Happy now, I've my darling n bouquet w me.... Ha!
Aft the Yes n I Do n I Will... Photo taking w JP, witness, family, frens... Then Guo Da Li... Aft dat all the guests had free n easy time, while the both of us went 2 take more photos w our photographer.
1830 hrs, all guests to be gathered at the front of the restaurant n time 2 dig in....
Dinner was nice.... Very nice.... Everybody's happy.... And both Dave n me, we're glad dat everything went not so smoothly, but nicely...
And now, we're married.....

SAT, 9th Aug:
National Day for Singapore..
Woke up for breakfast in hotel and went shopping the whole day. As in really the whole day. Staying near Orchard is always nice. Cos u can really shop from 1100 to 2300. But my poor darling was so tired after the whole day.
Did I mention my mum was doing the shopping, and I was just bringing her around? Ha..

SUN, 10th Aug:
Breakfast, packed up and sent my brother, his wife-to-be and my sister off. Continue packing, and then time 2 go! Sent my parents 2 airport for their 1510 hrs flt back 2 PEN. Had coffee and shop a little after they left for the departure hall, then time to head back home..
We're married...

Next to come, When n Whr To Hv Wedding Banquet?!?!

No comments: